Bob Carr said Friday following a meeting with Prime Minister designate Tammam Salam.Carr said Australia supports Lebanon's disassociation policy from the Syrian crisis and his country is committed to ...
Collingwood 3066 Sydney's 47-point win over Collingwood has been marred by a spectator being evicted from the MCG following an incident involving Adam ...
Ben Barba's magic generally rests with ball in hand. But you truly get a sense as to whether the Canterbury fullback is "on" or not by what he does off the ball. And boy was he back to his best on Friday night in the Bulldogs' 24-14 win against Brisbane at ANZ Stadium. He scored a try and saved two others in a first-half performance that was easily his best since being ...
What a game. The diehard Rebels fans were absolutely roaring in that half as their men had their backs to the wall, and they were rewarded witha heroic performance. Folau and Betham almost broke through in the last dozen phases after the siren. Unlucky for the Tahs who might kiss their finals hopes goodbye but really the damage was done earlier in the season. Would have liked to see more ...
Some of Australia's most high flying business leaders were feted in China by an ''influence'' platform of the People's Liberation Army, a Fairfax investigation has revealed. Andrew Forrest, who touted his talks with Chinese business leaders last month as a lesson on how to do friendship with China, was joined by the heads of four of the five big banks, Qantas, the ...
15°C Rain Showers
Winds: From the South at 15 MPH
I am usually attuned to significant trends in popular culture, whether they be on disc, in print, or on screen, which is why I was surprised to learn not too long ago that I had somehow completely missed the arrival and growing popularity of Stephenie Meyers series of teen-pulp gothic novels a ... ...
Homicide detectives have officially taken over the investigation into the pogo-stick death of a seven-year-old Sydney boy. Paramedics were called to a Mulga Road address after receiving a triple-0 call to a boy who was unconscious and not breathing just before 6.30am on Tuesday. The boy's mother, Kayla James, told police her seven-year-old son lost consciousness after falling off a pogo ...
Penrith 2750 Penrith has re-signed full-back Matt Moylan, one of a handful of youngsters that coach Ivan Cleary says has helped power the club to back-to-back wins amid its injury crisis.Moylan was named man-of-the-match when he made his NRL debut in the Panthers' 44-12 thumping of Parramatta in round seven.Over the past fortnight, the 21-year-old was influential in a shock win over ...
Shane Brady here in the neutral corner for our live coverage of the derby between the resurgent Tahs, wo are knocking on the door of a finals berth that looked all but out of sight just a few weeks ago, and the Rebels, all fired up after finally cracking it for a win last week after a string of heartbreaking narrow defeats. ...
Traffic chaos: as it happened A truck driver is dead after his tanker crashed into the front of a cafe and burst into flames in Sydney's inner west, forcing the closure of Parramatta Road for more than seven hours. A witness claimed the driver may have braked to avoid hitting a car ahead on the wet road when the tanker veered across the median strip, onto the wrong side of Parramatta Road ...
Ford Motor Company's Australian subsidiary announced yesterday it is shutting down all manufacturing operations by 2016. The closures will mean sacking about 1,200 workers at Ford's two plants at Broadmeadows and Geelong in Victoria. These two working-class areas, already afflicted by widespread unemployment, will be devastated.Thousands more jobs will be destroyed in the auto ...
Reported in the press
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Sydney SunSydney Sun | The latest news & events in Sydney, Australia
Sydney Sun works strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Sydney news. Our editors, software programmers, journalists and affiliated wire services here at Sydney Sun are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This is a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expense of diversity of media ownership. The Sydney Sun was established more than a decade ago as an independent online newspaper, or eNewspaper, named after the Sydney Sun newspaper, first published more than a hundred years ago.
Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Sydney, Australia's biggest city, as it occurs. There is also a focus on the wider metropolitan area with news of what is taking place in Manly and other suburbs on the northern beaches, Bondi Beach and the eastern suburbs; North Sydney, Parramatta and the Western Suburbs; through to the Blue Mountains and out into the Central West, down to Wagga Wagga and the southern regional cities and up the North Coast with stories from cities like Port Macquarie, and Coffs Harbour, as well as the latest events from Gosford and other key centres on the Central Coast, Newcastle and the Hunter, down to Wollongong and the Illawarra.
Sydney Sun also covers the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Sydney weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what is happening in sports, the Sydney Sun is here for you.
Our business centre too is active 24 hours a day providing the latest market updates and news from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Chicago and New York. Sydney Sun provides stock indices tables, individual stock search functionality, independent market news, and foreign exchange rates, as a regular feature, together with a vast range of general interest news.
Australia and India today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop and strengthen cooperation in skills training in the agriculture sector.
The MoU results from the joint commitment of the Australian and Indian Prime Ministers in October 2012 to build bilateral partnerships between skills councils in key industry areas, including telecommunications, retail, mining, media/entertainment and agriculture.
Welcoming the initiative, the Australian High Commissioner to India, Mr Patrick Suckling, said the MoU was another successful outcome of the Australia India Education Council's (AIEC) work to expand collaboration in skills development between Australia and India.
"This partnership aims to achieve quality industry-led skills training standards in the agriculture sector. With India projected to add 12 to 15 million workers to its labour force every year over the coming decades, employability and productivity gains will be inextricably linked to quality standards," said Suckling.
The MOU was signed between the Agriculture Skills Council of India and AgriFood Skills Australia and will promote cooperation in creating quality occupational, training, assessment, certification, information and stakeholder engagement standards. ...
- Real Madrid sign Casemiro
- PCB to soon bring umpires under domain
- Itd be cute to have a boy Khloe Kardashian
- BJP calls for special investigation team to probe spot fixing in cricket
- Man City CEO expects Pelligrini to deliver five trophies in five years
- Racist Oz broadcaster Morrow spared the sack but banned from marquee events this season
- Oz cricketer apologises for calling woman accusing rugby star Teo of assault as psycho bad news
- Blues squad for Origin I revealed
- Origin SuperCoach is coming
- Wests Tigers steal NRL win over Cowboys
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Isla Fisher had near to death experience on sets of Now You See Me
- Harris picks out chief weapon Starc to rip through English top-order at Ashes
- Flintoff to return to cricket duty with yesteryear stars T20 clash with Oz
- Racist Oz broadcaster Morrow spared the sack but banned from marquee events this season
- Tongue-Tied Fed Makes For Tough Decisions
- News Corp. Board Approves Billionaire Murdochs Split Plan $500M Stock Buyback
- Rimrock Ranch Where cowboys still king
- US STOCKS-Wall Street set to open lower as Fed assessed
- Another downer day on Wall Street
- Insurance for city cyclists is too expensive
- More companies skipping corporate taxes
- California Offers Glimpse Into Health Insurance Prices Under Obamacare
- Bridge Collapse in Washington Cripples Highway Near Seattle
- 76 Tornadoes in May Caused $2B-$5B in Insured Losses Eqecat
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sydney Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Australia gives $11.5 million for Syrian refugees in Lebanon
- AFL Adam Goodes leads Sydney Swans to imerious win over Collingwood Magpies
- Barba makes late charge for Maroons
- Tahs lose momentum with Rebels loss
- Chinese military woos big business